Our first event kicks off with a cycle along the Great Western Greenway from Achill to Westport hosted by Wet & Wild club based in Dublin. This well-established club with over 3,000 members run social and outdoor pursuits for the LGBTQ+ community throughout Ireland. Wet & Wild is all about having fun, meeting new people, building friendships and taking on small and big adventures together. 🚴🏻♂️🚴🏻♂️🚴🏻♂️
- Achill to Westport [one way], this is a 42km route so choose your bicycle carefully, there are only 16 electric bikes available! Prices range from €30 and up [incl the shuttle], all bikes come with a helmet and a high-vis jacket, you can rent locks if you want them. You will need to organise your own bike hire and the shuttle, see details below.
- The cycle to Westport will take about 7 hours which includes a few short breaks, make sure to bring water and wear layers, be sure to be prepared for all Irish weather!
- We encourage you to get your rainbow flags, streamers for the cycle…..let’s gay up the Greenway!
BIKE BOOKING DETAILS
- Book from Clew Bay Bike Hire by phone only 098 24818. Mention you are with Mayo Pride/Wet & Wild group.
- Meet at 9.30 am July 8th at Clew Bay Bike Hire.
- The shuttle bus departs at 10 am sharp and will take you to Achill where you will collect your bike & helmet.
- See who else is coming and register for this event on The Wet & Wild’s Meet Up Page.