It wouldn’t be Mayo Pride without a gay pilgrimage up Croagh Patrick, right? This event will be hosted by Wet & Wild. This well-established club with over 3,000 members runs social and outdoor pursuits for the LGBTQ+ community throughout Ireland. Wet & Wild is all about having fun, meeting new people, building friendships and taking on small and big adventures together. 🥾
ABOUT THE HIKE
- In case of bad weather sign up for hike updates/changes HERE.
- Croagh Patrick is a 15min drive from Westport and the starting point is located in Murrisk village.
- Meet in the Visitor Centre at the foot of Croagh Patrick at 10 am Jul 9th. Just lookout for the rainbow flags!
- The hike will start at 10.30 am sharp.
- The hike takes two hours to get to the top, and around an hour and a half to come back down. No, that’s not a cocktail bar at the top, it’s a church!
- The views are STUNNING on a clear day, so set your gaze to amaze.
- Good walking boots are essential, sunscreen, rain gear, snacks, insect repellent and water.